The Lancer Booster
Welcome to the CBU Lancer Compliance Corner. Here you will find pertinent and timely information to keep you informed of NCAA rules that pertain to you – the Lancer Booster. At any time, you can follow the links below to find additional information on our Athletics website or the NCAA website. To speak with someone in the Compliance Office, email email@example.com or call 951-343-4839. Thank you and GO LANCERS!
What are examples of impermissible recruiting activities?
As a booster, you may not:
• Contact a prospect in-person on-campus or off campus.
• Contact a prospect by telephone, email, Internet or letter.
• Provide gifts or free or reduced-cost services to a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
• Employ relatives, guardians or friends of a prospect as an inducement for the prospect’s enrollment and athletics participation at a university.
• Become directly or indirectly involved in making arrangements for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to receive money or financial aid of any kind.
• Provide transportation for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian.
• Provide free or reduced-cost tickets for a prospect or the prospect’s relatives or guardian to attend an athletic event.
• Provide any material benefit (e.g., meals, cash) to the coach of a prospect, including high school, two-year college, AAU and summer team coaches.