VISITING SCHOLAR AWARD
Amount: $5,000 (max.)
The Visiting Scholar Award is given to an investigator who seeks further experience as an independent researcher. The award provides financial support for an investigator to visit a clinic or laboratory to learn new and current techniques in exercise science and sports medicine. Download the 2019 Visiting Scholar Award application.
Award requirements include:
- The applicant must be a current member of ACSM for at least two consecutive years including student status membership.
- The applicant must hold a doctoral degree (Ph.D., M.D., or equivalent).
- The visit must occur after official award notification.
- Only one laboratory may be visited.
- A written report of activities must be submitted within three months after completion of the visit.
Winners will receive:
Travel, financial support and laboratory supplies will be provided to the recipient for a period of up to six months. A maximum of $5,000 will be awarded.
DEADLINE FOR COMPLETED APPLICATION PACKET: February 1, 2019
You may contact the Education Department regarding this award at Tel: (317) 637-9200, ext. 117 or email questions to email@example.com.
CLICK HERE FOR ALTERNATE ACSM SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES