California Baptist University’s Daytime Accelerated MBA Program
California Baptist University’s Jabs School of Business offers a daytime accelerated MBA program that targets students who want to gain practical business experience as they complete their degree. This accelerated MBA program takes one year to complete, meets twice a week, and places CBU students into a paid internship to give them opportunities to apply what they are learning in their classes. As students progress through the program, they will also be coached by a designated mentor.
Classes offered for the accelerated MBA program are fast-paced and faith-based. They are approached with real-world application which will give the student the opportunity to think and function like a leader in the workplace. This benefits the student because they will be able to apply what they did in the classroom directly to any management-level position. This means students will be ready to perform on the job from day one.
Classes will total 36 units with each unit costing $621 with a program fee of $100 per unit. The total equals to $25,956, which does not include the general fee of $355 per semester. The HSC course tuition is $800 per unit and will increase program cost accordingly. These are competitive prices when comparing to other private universities offering MBA programs. Financial aid (usually in the form of low-interest loans) makes it easier than ever to cover costs.
The following is the list of classes the student will have to complete:
- Principles of Accounting 1
- Business Statistics
- Business IT Application
- Principles of Marketing
- Foundations of Management
- Innovation and Technology
- Organizational Behavior
- Economic Analysis for the Changing Business Environment
- Financial Management
- Global Business Management
- Strategic Management
- Interdisciplinary Culminating Project
Management concentration courses
- Entrepreneurial Management
- Managerial Ethics
- Leadership and Change Management
- Marketing Management
Along with the classes, faculty plays an essential part for CBU’s accelerated MBA program. They are experienced and accomplished as entrepreneurs, consultants, managers, researchers, authors, and business owners. These professors bring their professional experience and academic training inside the classroom, which assists students in becoming highly effective and ethical leaders. The insight that will be provided is of great value for students and their future plans in the world of business.
The paid internship is a unique benefit of CBU’s daytime accelerated MBA program and a key feature that sets it apart from other MBA programs. Students who do not have experience as working professionals will have the opportunity to intern part-time for a company that coincides with the students’ preferred area of business on the days when they do not have class during the week. Once the student completes the program, they will be more marketable to employers who search for potential candidates with working experience.
For individuals who apply, they are considered for admission based on a review of the following:
- Application for admission with a $45 non-refundable application fee. Apply at www.calbaptist.edu/gradapp.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution or the evaluated equivalency with a minimum GPA of 3.0 for unconditional admission and 2.5 for conditional admission.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended sent to Graduate Admissions
- GMAT – may be waived for applicants with significant work experience and/or a high GPA
- Two recommendations from academic or professional sources. Family and friends may not complete recommendations.
- Comprehensive essay of at least 1000 words that includes the following:
- Purpose for entering the program
- Long-term professional goals
- Reasons for choosing to study at CBU
- Factors that make applicant a good MBA candidate.
Send essay to email@example.com
- Current resume sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Successful interview with the MBA Program Director
- An applicant whose first language is not English and/or does not have a degree from an institution where English is the primary language of instruction is required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a recent test score from Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
CBU’s daytime accelerated MBA program is an excellent choice for students who are looking to get higher paying jobs, and to take their leadership skills to the next level. Whether a student wants to be in corporate, own a business, or be an entrepreneur; CBU will assist him or her with their goals with its affordable program consisting of quality classes and quality faculty. There are no limitations to what an individual can do with an MBA from CBU’s Jabs School of Business.